According to the style and fashion magazine website, WHOWHATWEAR.com, the mom jean is coming back. For many of us (sadly) the mom jean never left! The new mom jean features, "a loose, straight leg style that sits at your waist and comes in varying lengths."
I have a confession to make, I like this trend. I am a breast cancer veteran of the chemo wars, who is still battling twenty pounds gained from the treatment drugs. Loose and waist height works well for me. Weight gain or weight loss can be one of the most frustrating side effects of cancer and its treatment. The beauty of jeans is that they come in so many cuts and styles. Here are some tips to help you find a figure flattering pair that’s right for you.
Full Figured & Fabulous? Opt for:
- Dark denim
- Moderate rise, falling right below the belly button
- Boot cut or trouser jeans
- No embellishments
- Flat, well-placed pockets
Slender & Spectacular? Look for:
- Dark, medium or light rinse denim
- Slim fit sizing & low waist styles
- Fancy details and embellishments (simple not overdone)
- Skinny jeans flaunt thin legs, while wide-leg trouser styles add volume
Throw on a great headscarf or fashion scarf, add a crisp white shirt, jewelry, and low boots, and you are good to go. When you return and its time to clean those jeans–toss them in the washing machine inside out, clean in cool water, and let them air dry. This will help them maintain their color and shape, and have other people thinking that you are a jean-ius.