Cancer Be Glammed.com’s Top Five Tips to Recover in Style
PITTSBURGH, PA- October 24, 2012- In the next evolution of the women’s liberation movement, CancerBeGlammed.com is encouraging women to take back their self-esteem and style.
CancerBeGlammed.com is declaring "Burn Your Mastectomy Bra Week" from October 24-31 to inspire women to take control of their recovery. Studies have shown that women who feel better about themselves and have a more positive outlook cope with recovery better.
During the week women and their supporters can visit www.CancerBeGlammed.com and take advantage of the new personal concierge service where Lisa Lurie, Co-founder makes selections based on the customer’s needs and also specific gift recommendations. The Company will also donate to cancer support organization, Gilda’s Club of Western, Pennsylvania for every new LIKE on their Facebook.
www.CancerBeGlammed.com takes a practical yet fashionable approach to treatment and recovery. Products have been chosen for their function and STYLE. These include mastectomy camisoles that hide drains, fashion solutions like strapless mastectomy bras, and glam lymphedema sleeves in colors and patterns. And the website features a great selection of survivor-recommended gifts.
"I was totally unprepared for the side effects of breast cancer treatment and the tremendous blow it caused to my self-esteem, stated Lisa Lurie. "I struggled to find fashionable recovery products and style solutions. Cancer Be Glammed was born from my passion to help other women maintain their confidence, self-image, and personal style."
Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month…Be Glammed!
The website, www.CancerBeGlammed.com is an online resource that includes a shopping service, a blog with an "Ask Lisa" section and even the organization’s own style guide, What the Doctor Didn’t Order.
Visit the Cancer Be Glammed Facebook page for this month’s top tips, a preview is below:
- Glam Lingerie – Mastectomy does not mean matronly! Achieve fashion & function with products like mastectomy bras that have extra lace to hide incisions.
- Stylish Accessories – Jewelry and scarves are a chemo girl’s best friend and highlight your best features.
- Pamper Your Skin – Radiation and chemotherapy are hard on skin and nails. Opt for skin care products that are designed to heal treatment sensitive skin.
- Fabrics Matter – Comfort is king. Natural fabrics like cotton and silk help skin breathe. Wicking material regulates body temperature.
- Wear Clothes That Fit & Flatter – As treatment changes your shape, avoid the lure of sweatpants! Clothes should skim the body, not fit too tight or too loosely.
LIKE Burn Your Mastectomy Bra on Facebook! , and join the movement!
About Cancer Be Glammed
Cancer Be Glammed, LLC was founded by Lisa Lurie, a breast cancer survivor and Ellen Weiss Kander, who underwent treatment for Liver Cancer. They believe that cancer can be survived in comfort and style with fashionable solutions to help women maintain their self-esteem. Their web site, CancerBeGlammed.com, is an online shopping resource, connecting women to stylish products from post-op necessities, to fashion solutions that include, pampering products, unique gifts and more. Their Style Guide, complete with Shopping Checklist, is downloadable on the site, and Give A Glam! their charitable giveback, donates a portion of the profits to cancer support organizations. For more information visit www.cancerbeglammed.com.