I am not a cancer survivor. I am the mother of one. I understand the terror and trauma of a cancer diagnosis. Twenty-one years ago, my precious child Alyssa (age 8) was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. Although it was more than 2 decades ago, I remember it like it was yesterday. On August... Read More »
1. Sunscreen and a sun hat with SUV protection. Here are some of Oprah’s stylish sun protection suggestions. Oprah Magazine: Best Sun Hats 2. Scarves! There are various ways to tie them loosely to protect a tracheotomy and adjacent neck skin as it heals, as well as to cover scars until you are comfortable wearing... Read More »
1) Painless white patch or red patch in the mouth. Swelling or a sore that does not heal; this is the most common symptom.
2) Sore throat, Hoarseness or change in voice
3) Painless lump, bump or mass in the mouth or neck with or without pain.
4) Frequent nosebleed, particularly on one side of the nose and/ or persistent nasal congestion.
5) Hearing loss or ear pain, particularly in one ear.
6) Blood in saliva or phlegm.
7) Weight loss or fatigue.
8) Difficulty breathing and / or Double vision.
9) Pain or difficulty chewing, swallowing, or moving the jaw or tongue.
10) Jaw pain, loosening of teeth and / or if Dentures that no longer fit
Information about Head and Neck Cancer
Fewer than 200,000 US cases [...]
1. Hygiene Essentials: PJs, light robe and slippers with rubber soles to prevent slipping. If you’re a light sleeper eye mask and earplugs. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap, skincare products, and hair care products if you prefer your own. Any medications you might be taking. My suggestions are to put all of these products in zip... Read More »
1) After being diagnosed with any cancer, always get a second opinion to verify and get informed about what you have. Great resources that I found helpful and reliable are MSKCC.org, Americancancersociety.org, mayoclinic.org, and MDAnderson.org. 2) If you are able, put on as much weight as possible before surgery. 3) Maintain great oral health care.... Read More »
Welcome! Thanks for participating. The survey is short (5 minutes-promise!) And if interested, you can enter your name in our drawing to win a special Thank You gift. Three “survey-ers” will be selected at random to receive a beautiful Wrapped in Love Kimono and a copy of Cancer Be Glammed:The Guide. “Take Charge of Your Recovery with Confidence,... Read More »